Topics

[nixahams] Nixa ARC NARCfest - TOMORROW!!!! - 11-10-2018 - 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Mike Hoffman - KDØIWW

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: James Adkins - KB0NHX <adkins.james@...>
Date: Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 11:00 AM
Subject: [nixahams] Nixa ARC NARCfest - TOMORROW!!!! - 11-10-2018 - 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To: <nixahams@groups.io>
Cc: Larry Staples <larrystaples@...>

Good morning everyone,

TOMORROW is the hamfest - the weather outside is cold so put the chores aside for a few hours and come join us at the NARCfest!  We will have free coffee courtesy of our food vendor for all attendees to help warm you up!

We have 3 excellent presentations:
At 9:00 a.m. Bob Heil will be giving his first ever hamfest demonstration on his new Parametric Receive Audio System. At 10:00 a.m., Chuck Kraly, K0XM, of the BYRG will be giving a new presentation on DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) communications and discuss the rapid growth in and around Missouri Then, at 11:30 a.m., Tom Wheeler, N0GSG, will be giving a presentation about the software he developed - Contact Manger: How to manipulate codeplugs to program your DMR radios.

AND, we just learned that BridgeCom will be conducting a prize drawing for one of the BRAND NEW Anyone AT-D878UV dual band portable DMR / analog HT!  They are announcing the winner on Monday and they are receiving these in stock next week.  BE one of the first to get the new D878UV and sign up to win this awesome prize!

We are really looking forward to the hamfest and hope everyone can make it out and join us!  Between the sold-out flea market tables, the new equipment vendors, our great speakers and VE testing and on site food, there should be something here for everyone!

See you all tomorrow at "The Bridge" Church, located on Hwy 14 in Nixa directly across from McDonalds.  Please see https://smlrs.info/hamfest-driving-directions/ for parking locations and driving directions!

73,
James Adkins, KB0NHX
Nixa Amateur Radio Club, Inc. (K0NXA)
417-834-2745 (cell)

"Raise the standards . . .   If the people lead, eventually the leaders will follow"

"Those saying it can't be done should get out of the way of those doing it" - Chinese Proverb

            www.nixahams.net                               www.smlrs.info

--
Thanks for volunteering,

Mike Hoffman - KDØIWW